Friday 21 October 2011

...Continue?

Hey.

Assuming you don't know who I am (and it's pretty safe to assume so in all honesty), My name is Pete. As far as blogging goes, I'm the ex author of the relatively popular 24 Hour Gamer UK, the ill-fated Gaming Overtime and The AC, and the complete non-starter 24 Hour Vision. Thing is, as I intended to show with 24HV, gaming isn't everything to me. It's pretty high on my priorities, but sometimes, particularly in the gaming drought months of the summer, I like to do other things, like immerse myself in a movie, marathon a DVD/BD box-set, find all sorts of humour down the back of the Internet, buy toys and read comics, play guitar, and sometimes, just sometimes, crack open those vault doors and brave the outside world.

So yes, there will still be gaming posts. There will probably be a Batman: Arkham City Collector's Edition unboxing within 24 hours of this post going live. I'm also still planning on bringing a Game of the Year post to you in early 2012 (although anyone who knows me can probably figure out what it is to be, but numbers 2-10 might be interesting), and I'm still going to review a game in the old style whenever I find one that strikes me as amazing (or amazingly bad) enough to write about.

But that's not all. This last few months alone I've seen Jurassic Park at the cinema, fallen in love with The Walking Dead and struggled with Battlestar Galactica, witnessed a return to form with the latest season of The Big Bang Theory, discovered untapped (to me anyway) music in the form of bands like Deez Nuts, Your Demise, All That Remains, Anti-Flag and Rise Against, along with new albums from old favourites like The Misfits' The Devil's Rain and Limp Bizkit's Gold Cobra, and come so close to finding the last vital piece to my Silent Bob outfit only to be shot down by the price-tag. I will not pay upwards of $400 for a coat.

So that's the purpose of this blog then, the adventures of me (which was to be the blogs actual title). As with 24HG-UK, it's completely self indulgent, I'm writing this for myself more than anything. And if other people read it, that's even better. Goodbye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment